Athletes in the Sprint and the Long Jump competitions must abide by the IAAF rules and regulations.
- Under 12 Sprint:
- The distance for the under 12 boys’ and girls’ sprint is 60 meters.
- Schools should have 2 boys and 2 girls compete in the 60m sprint.
- Under 16 Sprints:
- The distance for the under 16 boys’ and girls’ sprint is 100 meters and 400 meters.
- Schools should have 2 boys and 2 girls compete in the 100m sprint.
- Similarly, each school should have 2 boys and 2 girls compete in the 400m sprint.
- The 4-by-100m relay team will be made up of all the Under 16 athletes (4 out of the 6 participating in the Athletics: 2 from the 100m race, 2 from the 400m race and 2 from the long jump) for both boys and girls.
- Each school team should have 2 participants in the under 16 boys and 2 participants in the under 16 girls.
- Each athlete will be allotted 3 jumps in the heats and the top 8 athletes will proceed to the finals where they will be allotted up to 6 jumps.